Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roy van der Kuil <ro...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/19 13:42:17 UTC

m2: starting a java class

Hi All,

We are currently moving (or at least trying too) from ant to maven. Mostly
because we'd really like to solve those nasty classpath issues on different
systems.
As for compiling the sources everyting looks very promising (no problems so
far), but since we are developing rich client applications (swing) I'd like
to be able to start my java class from my maven project. We used to have an
'ant run' command and I'd like to know if there is anything similar for
maven (2.0). I have seen a scope 'runtime' for dependancies but I am not
quite sure it is used for what I have in mind.

Thanks for your help,
-Roy

Re: m2: starting a java class

Posted by Roy van der Kuil <ro...@gmail.com>.
HI Jesse,

I am really looking forward to the try the run plugin. If you need any help
testing/coding it please let me know, because this seems like the most
important hurdle to take before moving to maven.
For now I will try to build the execute plugin and see where that brings me
:)

Tanks

Re: m2: starting a java class

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
that particular plugin isn't available on any mirrors as it is largely a
bastard child plugin that certain developers have given me a hard time for
even spawning...so no release on it...

you can checkout mojo and build it yourself if you want to use it in the
shortterm until the runtime plugin comes out...I ought to have something to

jesse mcconnell

Re: m2: starting a java class

Posted by Roy van der Kuil <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Thanks for you're fast reply, although I have tried to insert the 'plugin'
part into my pom.xml's build properties.
Whenever I start maven, it complains it cannot find the plugin.
Should I add something to my local plugin repository?

Thanks for your help,
-Roy

On 10/19/05, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 13:42 +0200, Roy van der Kuil wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > We are currently moving (or at least trying too) from ant to maven.
> Mostly
> > because we'd really like to solve those nasty classpath issues on
> different
> > systems.
> > As for compiling the sources everyting looks very promising (no problems
> so
> > far), but since we are developing rich client applications (swing) I'd
> like
> > to be able to start my java class from my maven project. We used to have
> an
> > 'ant run' command and I'd like to know if there is anything similar for
> > maven (2.0). I have seen a scope 'runtime' for dependancies but I am not
> > quite sure it is used for what I have in mind.
>
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/maven-execute-plugin/
>
> > Thanks for your help,
> > -Roy
> --
> jvz.
>
> Jason van Zyl
> jason at maven.org <http://maven.org>
> http://maven.apache.org

Re: m2: starting a java class

Posted by rk...@cisco.com.
Is there an equivalent of this for m1.0.2?

Thanks,

Rk
x77309

Re: m2: starting a java class

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
and we are working towards replacing that with a more featureful plugin as
described here

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+Runtime

thoughts and comments are welcome on that, I am working on the most basic
case for it right now.

jesse

On 10/19/05, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 13:42 +0200, Roy van der Kuil wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > We are currently moving (or at least trying too) from ant to maven.
> Mostly
> > because we'd really like to solve those nasty classpath issues on
> different
> > systems.
> > As for compiling the sources everyting looks very promising (no problems
> so
> > far), but since we are developing rich client applications (swing) I'd
> like
> > to be able to start my java class from my maven project. We used to have
> an
> > 'ant run' command and I'd like to know if there is anything similar for
> > maven (2.0). I have seen a scope 'runtime' for dependancies but I am not
> > quite sure it is used for what I have in mind.
>
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/maven-execute-plugin/
>
> > Thanks for your help,
> > -Roy
> --