Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Adrian Trenaman <ad...@googlemail.com> on 2008/09/18 15:17:20 UTC

transactional CXF JMS consumers

All, sorry about the last message - I hit send by accident :(

Am wondering if we support transactional JMS consumers yet for CXF?
According to the documentation at

   http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/jms-transport.html

there is a "transactional" attribute on the <jms:runtimePolicy> element.
However, the docu says

    "Specifies whether the local JMS broker will create transactions around
message processing. The default is false. Currently, this is not supported
by the runtime."

Has this been implemented in the runtime yet?

/Ade

Re: transactional CXF JMS consumers

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
That said, Christian has been doing some work to prepare the JMS transport to
start using the Spring jms stuff.   At that point, it will be easier to get
it to work with the Spring transaction stuff.   This work is ongoing, but
he's doing a great job.   Just not there YET.

Dan

On Thursday 18 September 2008 11:56:43 am Ulhas Bhole wrote:
> Answer is NO (Big No at this stage).
>
> -- Ulhas Bhole
>
> Adrian Trenaman wrote:
> > All, sorry about the last message - I hit send by accident :(
> >
> > Am wondering if we support transactional JMS consumers yet for CXF?
> > According to the documentation at
> >
> >    http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/jms-transport.html
> >
> > there is a "transactional" attribute on the <jms:runtimePolicy> element.
> > However, the docu says
> >
> >     "Specifies whether the local JMS broker will create transactions
> > around message processing. The default is false. Currently, this is not
> > supported by the runtime."
> >
> > Has this been implemented in the runtime yet?
> >
> > /Ade
>
> ----------------------------
> Registered Number: 171387

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: transactional CXF JMS consumers

Posted by Ulhas Bhole <ul...@iona.com>.

Adrian Trenaman wrote:
> All, sorry about the last message - I hit send by accident :(
>
> Am wondering if we support transactional JMS consumers yet for CXF?
> According to the documentation at
>
>    http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/jms-transport.html
>
> there is a "transactional" attribute on the <jms:runtimePolicy> element.
> However, the docu says
>
>     "Specifies whether the local JMS broker will create transactions around
> message processing. The default is false. Currently, this is not supported
> by the runtime."
>
> Has this been implemented in the runtime yet?
>
> /Ade

Registered Number: 171387