Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Rob Guikers <RG...@eniac.nl> on 2004/04/20 16:18:34 UTC

Authentication with trusted server

Hello all,

I have a James server running in my network with authentication enabled
(SMTP). One application within my network should be trusted to use the
mailserver for outgoing mail. It's not possible to authenticate from that
application. Can i configure this?. I want to use authentication cause of
relay issues but trust my internal network.

Thanks.

Met vriendelijke groeten / greetings,

Rob Guikers

RE: Authentication with trusted server

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> One application within my network should be trusted to use
> the mailserver for outgoing mail. It's not possible to
> authenticate from that application. Can i configure this?

Yes, if you use James v2.2.0RC1.  See the <authorizedAddresses> element for
the SMTP handler.

PLEASE NOTE: the <authorizedAddresses> syntax is likely to change in the
next major release of James.

	--- Noel