Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by ajay bhadauria <ab...@yahoo.com> on 2010/02/22 17:16:52 UTC

Can Xalan2.7.1 be used with Java JRE 6.0.05

Hi,

Xalan-J XSLT 2.7.1 and Xerces Schema 2.9.0 are supported on JDK/JRE 1.3.x, 1.4.x, or 5.x. This is from below Apache site.

http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/downloads.html

We would like to use Xalan 2.7.1 and xerces 2.9.0 with runtime Java version of Java JRE 6.0.05.

Do you know any backward compatibility issues and is it supported?

Thanks
Ajay

Re: Can Xalan2.7.1 be used with Java JRE 6.0.05

Posted by ke...@us.ibm.com.
See http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/getstarted.html. The instructions
haven't been updated since Java 1.4, but as far as I know everything
should still work roughly the same way. (You'll generally get more/better
answers if you ask Xalan questions on the Xalan list rather than the
Xerces list.)

______________________________________
"... Three things see no end: A loop with exit code done wrong,
A semaphore untested, And the change that comes along. ..."
  -- "Threes" Rev 1.1 - Duane Elms / Leslie Fish (
http://www.ovff.org/pegasus/songs/threes-rev-11.html)

Re: Can Xalan2.7.1 be used with Java JRE 6.0.05

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Ajay,

I noticed you've more or less asked this same question [1] before. The
answer hasn't changed.

If you have questions about Xalan you should ask them on the Xalan mailing
list.

Thanks.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/abklfnizmuoa3hus

Michael Glavassevich