Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> on 2006/04/26 20:29:14 UTC

Struts Action 1 Roadmap

With the build work out of the way, it is time to get on the fast track to a GA release of Struts Action 1.3. Here is my
plan:

  - 1.3.2, April 26 (Today), targeting Alpha quality: This release is about putting the new build system in the hands of
testers.

  - 1.3.3, May 3, targeting Beta quality:  Docs should be cleaned up, release process improved, major bugs fixed

  - 1.3.4, May 10, targeting GA quality: All significant bugs fixed, docs and site clean and accurate, all tests passing

I'm willing to be the release manager for these release if no one else steps up to the plate.  If we have only a
fraction of the contributions our "discussions" are getting, this should be a piece of cake :)

There are a lot of great improvements in this branch, and we need to get a production-quality release in the hands of
our users, so we can get back to adding new features and improvements.

Don

Re: Struts Action 1 Roadmap

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 4/26/06, Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> wrote:
> With the build work out of the way, it is time to get on the fast track to a GA release
>  of Struts Action 1.3. Here is my plan:
> I'm willing to be the release manager for these release if no one else steps up to the plate.  If we have only a fraction of the contributions our "discussions" are getting, this should be a piece of cake :)

(FWIW, I don't see 1.3 as alpha.  I've had it in production since
mid-September, and just put the snapshot from Monday into the test
environment.  Everything looks good from here.)

I can do a test build on the 6th or 7th, but not before then.

Note that this does not preclude anyone else jumping in and doing
another test build in between Don's today and my planned one on the
7th.  If we make it to GA sooner, so much the better. :)  If it takes
a few more builds, that's fine, too.

--
Wendy