Posted to user@struts.apache.org by N G <ni...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/25 00:51:19 UTC

Accessing properties of a custom map

Hi,

I have a class that extends HashMap. This class holds a collection of
different items plus a custom property 'total'.

This "resultsMap" is stuck into the request to pass it to the JSP page.

Inside the JSP page I am trying to output 'total' without having to
use a scriplet...

Does anyone know how to do this in either Struts or JSTL?

All of the following produce empty:
1. <bean:write name="resultsMap" property="total" />
2. <c:out value="${resultsMap.total}" />

I think this is happening because it recognizes that it's a Map and
tries to use "total" as the key to the Map, not a property...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
NG