Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com> on 2011/03/10 18:37:55 UTC

HttpClient 3.1 safe as replacement for 3.0.1?

Hi all,

Hadoop 0.20.2 still depends on HttpClient 3.0.1 - I know, seems like
something to be fixed.

A project I'm working with is using HttpClient 3.1 as well as Hadoop,
which means I have to use HttpClient 3.1 as well.

So - any input on whether HttpClient 3.1 is really a drop-in
replacement for HttpClient 3.0.1?

I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe otherwise, but I
also haven't found anybody using HC 3.1 with Hadoop in a large-scale
cluster.

Thanks,

-- Ken

--------------------------
Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378
http://bixolabs.com
e l a s t i c   w e b   m i n i n g

Re: HttpClient 3.1 safe as replacement for 3.0.1?

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 09:37 -0800, Ken Krugler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Hadoop 0.20.2 still depends on HttpClient 3.0.1 - I know, seems like
> something to be fixed.
>
> A project I'm working with is using HttpClient 3.1 as well as Hadoop,
> which means I have to use HttpClient 3.1 as well.
>
> So - any input on whether HttpClient 3.1 is really a drop-in
> replacement for HttpClient 3.0.1?
>
> I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe otherwise, but I
> also haven't found anybody using HC 3.1 with Hadoop in a large-scale
> cluster.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Ken

The 3.x branch has not been touched for years. 3.0.1 and 3.1 _should_ be
compatible but in those years we used to be much less picky about
binary / API compatibility.

Upgrading to 4.1 would be much preferred.

Oleg