Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by David Nuescheler <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/17 08:48:41 UTC

Good Performance [was: JackRabbit Vs Alfresco]

Hi Russ,

> The areas in which Alfresco is compliant with JCR it performs very well.
Since we are still looking for a means to define performance in a sort
of vendor neutral way, I would be interested to learn which particular
areas you have in mind when you say that a content repository
performs well.
Did you have any particular metric in mind?

I think it would be great to get typical application profiles
setup as sort of JCR mock-up application, which possibly could
just be simple Junit tests, that simulate different application behaviour
hopefully from real-life applications.

I think that something like this could very well serve as an initial
broader performance testbed to compare JCR repositories or
hardware or repository setups.

Thoughts?

regards,
david