Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Eldon Carman <ec...@ucr.edu> on 2015/03/18 03:25:45 UTC

VXQuery 0.5 Release Message

What details should we include in our release announcement? Should we list
number of issue resolved or new features? I have a feeling this could be a
very short list. Is there a common practice we should follow about details
in the announcement?

Thanks
Preston

Re: VXQuery 0.5 Release Message

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi Preston,

We didn’t list any specifics in the previous releases. I think that we even didn’t announce the 0.4 release ..

The last announcement I found was this one:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201405.mbox/%3C537AD473.9080505@apache.org%3E <http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201405.mbox/%3C537AD473.9080505@apache.org%3E>
and it’s quite unspecific. I think that it’d be nice to put some information there, but it’s not really necessary at the current state of the project. We are still in a relatively early phase and not many people are waiting to find a fix for the bug they filed in the announcement.

My 2c,
Till