Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anand Raman <ar...@india-today.com> on 2000/12/05 16:38:54 UTC

xml rendering using cocoon

hi guys
This mail doesnt directly involve tomcat.. Please excuse.

For our content management we are storing all the xml content in a
database text column.

We are using cocoon for rendering xml documents to HTML.

According to our original thoughts we were thinking that using XSP tags in
a temporary xml file we could pull the particular xml document from the database column
and after that cocoon should render it using the supplied xsl transformation rules.
The sample temporary file is attched below

However things didnt quite happen the way we predicted as cocoon escapes
all the tag elements..

Could u please provide me with some solution to this problem..

Thanx
Anand Raman

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="page-html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

<xsp:page
  language="java"
  xmlns:sql="http://www.apache.org/1999/SQL"

<page>
	<title>News Now</title>
	<author>
		<name>Amit Kaushik</name>
		<address>akaushik@india-today.com</address>
	</author>
	<xsp:expr>request.getQueryString()</xsp:expr>
	<sql:execute-query>
		<sql:driver>org.postgresql.Driver</sql:driver>
		<sql:dburl>jdbc:postgresql://localhost/newztoday</sql:dburl>
		<sql:username>FOO</sql:username>
		<sql:password>BAR</sql:password>
		<sql:row-element>options</sql:row-element>
		<sql:tag-case>lower</sql:tag-case>
		<sql:null-indicator>yes</sql:null-indicator>
		<sql:id-attribute>ID</sql:id-attribute>
		<sql:id-attribute-column>foo_id</sql:id-attribute-column>
		<sql:query>select xml_story from content where news_id=(select max(news_id) from content)</sql:query>
		<sql:count-attribute>count</sql:count-attribute>
	</sql:execute-query>
 </page>
</xsp:page>

To: Mr Anand Raman

Posted by "Manjunath.B.V." <bv...@satyam.net.in>.
Hello Ananad,

            My name is Manjunath( from WROX Press) and  I'am collecting all the information possible regarding the cocoon and it's handling of XML, it's involvement with Xerces and Xalan, it's advantages , it's history, the need which brought about the idea of the Apache-XML Project, it's present users(the websites etc.,), it's future course and the scheduled dates for the latest releases.

            If u could take some time and reply to me , i would indeed remain grateful to you. If possible kindly get in touch with me  at the following mail IDs.
manjunathbv@dacafe.com
me_in_apache@dacafe.com

PS: I would also greatly appreciate anybody who can get in touch with me regarding the same.