Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Paul Fremantle <pz...@hursley.ibm.com> on 2002/10/01 10:50:06 UTC

Re: [axis] WSDL2Java enhancements for WSIF

Russell

I don't believe these extra enhancements to be just valid for WSIF.

The JAX-RPC spec allows the usage of dynamic proxies, where there is no stub
class. This is the model we use in WSIF, and in this model, there is no
requirement to generate stub classes.

Secondly, there is nothing in the WSDL spec to say that you will only ever
get SOAP bindings, so if WSDL2Java falls over with other bindings thats a
bug.

I believe these changes are valid enhancements to a tool that should be
useful for any JAX-RPC implementation.

Paul