Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Carin Meier <ca...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/29 22:46:45 UTC

[VOTE] - Adopt "Become a Committer and PPMC Member" Document

This vote is to adopt the document
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Become+an+Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+Committer+and+PPMC+Member+Proposal
to replace the current document
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Becoming+a+Committer

The dev discussion thread is here
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e61ffa26af374de7a99c475d406e462a00b26cfc1155e232198dd53e@%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E

The vote will be a procedural issue vote as defined
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

Votes on procedural issues follow the common format of majority rule unless
otherwise stated. That is, if there are more favourable votes than
unfavourable ones, the issue is considered to have passed -- regardless of
the number of votes in each category. (If the number of votes seems too
small to be representative of a community consensus, the issue is typically
not pursued. However, see the description of lazy consensus
<https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#LazyConsensus> for a
modifying factor.)

The vote will run until Friday Nov 2nd at 6:00 am EST

Thanks,
Carin

Re: [VOTE] - Adopt "Become a Committer and PPMC Member" Document

Posted by Yuan Tang <te...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Tianqi Chen <tq...@cs.washington.edu>.
+1

Posted by Sebastian <ss...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Steffen Rochel <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding

Posted by Carin Meier <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aaron Markham <aa...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding

Posted by Carin Meier <ca...@gmail.com>.
From the feedback in the thread. I changed the wording of "Privileges" to

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.

Posted by kellen sunderland <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding.  As mentioned in various threads, this model should be much
more scalable.  I like the idea of hierarchies of contributors on the
project.

Posted by Chris Olivier <cj...@gmail.com>.
-0 but keep it in if you want

Posted by Naveen Swamy <mn...@gmail.com>.
Feel free to change to "rights" if that is more welcoming and suits better.

Posted by Tianqi Chen <tq...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tianqi Chen <tq...@apache.org>.

Posted by Naveen Swamy <mn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Olivier <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Naveen Swamy <mn...@gmail.com>.
May be we can adopt this.
https://struts.apache.org/bylaws.html#voting

Posted by Carin Meier <ca...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

Posted by Chris Olivier <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Olivier <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carin Meier <ca...@gmail.com>.
Tianqi - I added it the end of the document.

If anyone feels that they need more time to further discuss/revise the
changes, I'm fine with ending/suspending the current vote and resuming it
in the future to enable more collaboration.

Just let me know.

Best,
Carin

Posted by Tianqi Chen <tq...@apache.org>.
Hi Carin:

Posted by Naveen Swamy <mn...@gmail.com>.
+1
Thanks everyone for your input and participation. Thanks to Carin for driving this.

Posted by Chris Olivier <cj...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Carin Meier <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pedro Larroy <pe...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding. Thanks for driving this, looking forward to see the
positive impact.