Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Gertjan van Oosten <ge...@West.NL> on 2008/08/21 16:44:22 UTC

Re: [MyFaces][Sandbox][Faceslets] ts:ajaxChildComboBox

As quoted from Guy Bashan <gu...@gmail.com>:
> I am trying to add ajaxChildComboBox (from tomahawk sandbox) to my project.
> I am using faceslets. All regular tomhawk controls are working fine.
> I have in my lib:
>
> tomahawk-sandbox-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tomahawk-facelets-taglib.jar
> tomahawk-1.1.6.jar
>
> I am getting this exception:
>
> /upload.xhtml @48,104 <ts:ajaxChildComboBox> Tag Library supports namespace:
> http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox, but no tag was defined for name:
> ajaxChildComboBox
>
> Does anyone has a clue?

Check the META-INF/sandbox.taglib.xml from tomahawk-sandbox-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT.jar
to see if it declares <tag-name>ajaxChildComboBox</tag-name>.  Also
check the namespace declaration in upload.xhtml (should be
  xmlns:ts="http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox" ).

Kind regards,
--
-- Gertjan van Oosten, Principal Consultant, West Consulting B.V.
-- gertjan@West.NL     +31 15 2191 600       www.west.nl

Re: [MyFaces][Sandbox][Faceslets] ts:ajaxChildComboBox

Posted by Gertjan van Oosten <ge...@West.NL>.
Hi Guy,

As quoted from Guy Bashan <gu...@gmail.com>:
> I just want to remind that the problem probably happens due to the use
> of facelets.
> I have a jar to fix issues between faceslets and tomahawk named:
> tomahawk-facelets-taglib.jar
> And it did solve several issues. Maybe this tag is not addressed in:
> tomahawk-facelets-taglib.jar?

The configuration you have is inconsistent (basically it's asking for
trouble...); you use:

> > tomahawk-sandbox-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT.jar
> > tomahawk-facelets-taglib.jar
> > tomahawk-1.1.6.jar

Of these, tomahawk-sandbox-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT.jar already contains a
Facelets taglib descriptor (not sure whether tomahawk-1.1.6.jar does; I
believe it doesn't).  However, tomahawk-facelets-taglib.jar may also
contain a Facelets taglib descriptor for the same namespace.  Which
taglib descriptor gets found and used depends on the classloader;
probably the first one alphabetically will be used, which is the
tomahawk-facelets-taglib.jar.  If that one doesn't contain a tag
definition for ajaxChildComboBox you're out of luck.  Furthermore,
classes can (and will be, and have been) moved from
tomahawk-sandbox-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT.jar to tomahawk-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT.jar,
which also makes your config inconsistent.
Why not replace the three jars above with the two jars below:

  tomahawk-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT.jar
  tomahawk-sandbox-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT.jar

That should help you.

Posted by Guy Bashan <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The namespace is ok.
The tag is defined in the tld file.

I just want to remind that the problem probably happens due to the use of facelets.
I have a jar to fix issues between faceslets and tomahawk named: tomahawk-facelets-taglib.jar
And it did solve several issues. Maybe this tag is not addressed in: tomahawk-facelets-taglib.jar?

Thanks,
Guy.