Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gautam Ganguly <gg...@transunion.com> on 2003/03/31 15:43:03 UTC

XMLFORM + Oracle related query..

hi there,
  I am trying to use what ever i have gathered so far from the XMLForm
and also related examples based on JavaBean and Xindice.This is what i
am thinking of creating as a prototype:

Query:1-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A user is asked to login or register in the first page...for which i am
thinking of creating a LoginWizardAction which just handles the
XMLForm-action between
Login-(or)-Register--MainApp Page

In the same way i would like to have a single WizardAction kind of
logic to handle a logically related set of forms depending on which
application is selected from the main app page after the user has
successfully logged in.

Am i doing the right thing here or has something gone very wrong in my
understanding of the concept of XMLForms??If someone has already worked
on soemthing related to what i am working on..it will great if you can
give me some advise.

Query:2-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Going by the XMLForm Xindice related help in the wiki..my problem is
this:
My whole user database needs to reside inside Oracle,whereas the things
like user-context-page and other user changeable stuff on the page will
be stored inside of xindice.The problems or issues that i am coming
across in this case is as follows:
I don't want to write a seperate OracleManager like the XindiceManager
in the XMLFormXindice help.My issue is that i don't want to handle the
connection pooling issues that i find cocoon handles very well.Is there
a better way of doing things than what i am trying to do...??And also if
say i want to acess the datasource connection details in my wizardaction
field ...how should i go about it.

After writing this whole bunch of queries i do feel that i still need
to learn a lot..but i am stuck between a short span of understanding and
a short time span!!!

I hope someone among you might have worked and dealt with the issues
that i am facing right now..if you can help me out i will greatly
appreciate it.

regards
Gautam