Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/22 15:42:39 UTC

Is this misleading?

This *extremely* helpful page:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FieldOptionsByUseCase?highlight=(termvector)|(retrieve)|(contents)

Says:
2. stored must always be true for highlighting. If you also add both *
termVector*s and termOffsets, this can be used to boost performance.
(Without *termVector*s/termOffsets, Solr needs to reanalyze the whole
document to perform highlighting.) If you furthermore add termPositions,
additional speedup may be possible. Note, that you must index the field in
order to be able to use *termVector*s, termOffsets and termPositions.

Is "document" correct here or should it be "field"? If the latter I'll
change it.

Erick

Re: Is this misleading?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
OK, fixed my problem, left Yonik's "for later".

Erick

Re: Is this misleading?

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.

RE: Is this misleading?

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
It must be "field". So if you enable term verctors you can use
fast-vector-highighter, else the field must be stored to be highlighted and
the stored field must be reanalyzed.

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen