Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Vijay Srinivasaraghavan <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2017/08/23 18:00:33 UTC

Support for multiple HDFS

Hello,
Is it possible for a Flink cluster to use multiple HDFS repository (HDFS-1 for managing Flink state backend, HDFS-2 for syncing results from user job)?
The scenario can be viewed in the context of running some jobs that are meant to push the results to an archive repository (cold storage).
Since the hadoop configuration is static, I am thinking it is hard to achieve this but I could be wrong.
Please share any thoughts.
RegardsVijay

Re: Support for multiple HDFS

Posted by Haohui Mai <ri...@gmail.com>.
You can definitely use absolute URIs to access two clusters. The
configuration just has to be the union of multiple HDFS clusters
(e.g., the NameNode lists)

Accessing both secure and non-secure clusters are fairly tricky but it
can be done.

AFAIK Isolating the Hadoop configuration will require a lot of changes
in Flink itself today.

~Haohui

Posted by Vijay Srinivasaraghavan <vi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.