Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Bartlett <rb...@digitalphx.com> on 2004/07/21 00:35:43 UTC

No from address?

I receive emails with the from address showing up as Unknown Sender or it
isnt a real email address, example FROM: TheTimes. Does SA add points to
that? Or is there a rule that looks for that and blocks it automatically? Im
currently using MailFilter. Also MailFilter is just shell script right? Well
when I try to use the Deny rule I always get a syntax error in the mail
logs. I tried the following:

DENY = ^Subject:.*texthere
and...
DENY = Subject:.*texthere
and ..
DENY = /^Subject:.*texthere/
Still get syntax errors in the mail logs. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Robert