Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Kirill Kosinov <ki...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/24 07:07:10 UTC

roller-mobile

Good night, or good day everyone.

I’m student and I have red a lot about gsoc. During my education i
worked on some projects (for money and experience):  b4u.whiteants.net,
www.appek.org, I am also scjp. It’s not my own projects, I was a part of
team.

I have experience is struts (1 -2),  spring, brief knowledge of
velocity. I wrote small projects is j2me.

I'm interested in roller-mobile task. It’s new for me, and idea is great
to write a good mind into blog while being in a subway. Unfortunately
<http://lingvo.yandex.ru/search.xml?rpt=slovari&st_translate=2&CardId=SdW5mb3J0dW5hdGVseQ,,;L0B;3;0;1;0;8;9>
I haven’t much experience in mobile applications, also I haven’t iPhone,
Аpple has nice sdk, but it is for Mac Os only. Google android has free
sdk and I can develop web ui for this if possible. What about iPhone I
see only one solution at this moment: to test an application using
iphonetester.com site, it requires a web java hosting, but I think that
I can ask it in our university.

So, want to use android sdk for testing in the beginning, then if all
will be good  I can use iphonetester.com. It is appropriate? I ask you
about it because of this project is connected with testing on mobile
devices and my sony erricson is rather old for this :-). It makes no
nevermind, if I test it on emulators?

Re: roller-mobile

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 2:07 AM, Kirill Kosinov
<ki...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good night, or good day everyone.
>
>  I'm student and I have red a lot about gsoc. During my education i
>  worked on some projects (for money and experience):  b4u.whiteants.net,
>  www.appek.org, I am also scjp. It's not my own projects, I was a part of
>  team.
>
>  I have experience is struts (1 -2),  spring, brief knowledge of
>  velocity. I wrote small projects is j2me.
>
>  I'm interested in roller-mobile task. It's new for me, and idea is great
>  to write a good mind into blog while being in a subway. Unfortunately
>  <http://lingvo.yandex.ru/search.xml?rpt=slovari&st_translate=2&CardId=SdW5mb3J0dW5hdGVseQ,,;L0B;3;0;1;0;8;9>
>  I haven't much experience in mobile applications, also I haven't iPhone,
>  Аpple has nice sdk, but it is for Mac Os only. Google android has free
>  sdk and I can develop web ui for this if possible. What about iPhone I
>  see only one solution at this moment: to test an application using
>  iphonetester.com site, it requires a web java hosting, but I think that
>  I can ask it in our university.
>
>  So, want to use android sdk for testing in the beginning, then if all
>  will be good  I can use iphonetester.com. It is appropriate? I ask you
>  about it because of this project is connected with testing on mobile
>  devices and my sony erricson is rather old for this :-). It makes no
>  nevermind, if I test it on emulators?

I'm fine with just about any approach, iPhone, Android, JavaME and
that's why I left the project so open ended. But, you should
definitely use a technology that we test even if we don't have the
specific device(s) you are targetting.

- Dave