Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/19 18:02:18 UTC

solr.xml or its successor in the wiki

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ConfiguringSolr

does not point to any information on solr.xml.

Given https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4791, I'm a bit
confused, and I need to set up a sharedLib directory for 4.3.0.

I would do some writing or linking if I had some raw material ...

Re: solr.xml or its successor in the wiki

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I suppose you saw my JIRA suggesting that solr.xml should might have
the same repetoire of 'lib' elements as solrconfig.xml, instead of
just a single 'str'.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Starting with the shipped solr.xml, I added a new-style <str> child to
configure a shared lib, and i was rewarded with:

Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Should not have found
solr/str[@name='sharedLib'] solr.xml may be a mix of old and new style
formats.
at org.apache.solr.core.ConfigSolrXml.failIfFound(ConfigSolrXml.java:169)
at org.apache.solr.core.ConfigSolrXml.init(ConfigSolrXml.java:150)
at org.apache.solr.core.ConfigSolrXml.<init>(ConfigSolrXml.java:94)
at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.load(CoreContainer.java:387)
... 42 more

Is this a bug? I seem to now be caught on a fork between 4791 and this.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
OK, I found the successor.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.