Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Christoph Goller <go...@detego-software.de> on 2004/10/18 18:35:15 UTC

Propose Bernhard as committer

I would like to propose Bernhard as Lucene committer.

He has contributed a number of valuable and high quality patches
and I am simply tired of checking and committing all his work :-)

Christoph

Re: Propose Bernhard as committer

Posted by Daniel Naber <da...@t-online.de>.
On Monday 18 October 2004 18:35, Christoph Goller wrote:

> I would like to propose Bernhard as Lucene committer.

+1

--
http://www.danielnaber.de

Re: Propose Bernhard as committer

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
+1

Posted by Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>.
+1.  because he's done excellent work, and because I feel sorry for Christoph ;-)
Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Oct 23, 2004, at 10:24 AM, Christoph Goller wrote:
> I have no idea. Does not seem related to queryparser since the
> resulting
> query looks like it should, doesn't it? Could you please try with the
> 1.4
> branch. Anyway, the 1.4 branch and the CVS Head should behave identical
> except for deprecated warnings and maybe fuzzyQueries.

Just so I'm testing the right thing, you mean the lucene_1_4_2_dev
branch?  Or which one?

	Erik

Re: Two formal questions

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Oct 23, 2004, at 10:24 AM, Christoph Goller wrote:
> Erik Hatcher schrieb:
>> What am I missing?  Query.toString looks fine.
>> Something seems awry, but it could easily be me.  Or it could be that
>> I'm using CVS HEAD and not the 1.4 branch?  Thought I'd report it and
>> see what you thought.
>
> I have no idea. Does not seem related to queryparser since the
> resulting
> query looks like it should, doesn't it? Could you please try with the
> 1.4
> branch. Anyway, the 1.4 branch and the CVS Head should behave identical
> except for deprecated warnings and maybe fuzzyQueries.

I checked out the lucene_1_4_2_dev branch, and my tests passed fine.
I'll do some research next week into why it doesn't work with HEAD.

	Erik

Re: Two formal questions

Posted by Christoph Goller <go...@detego-software.de>.

Re: Two formal questions

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Re: Two formal questions

Posted by Daniel Naber <da...@t-online.de>.
On Thursday 21 October 2004 19:41, Christoph Goller wrote:

> I think there are enough votes for Bernhard.
> As I nominated Bernhard, what am I supposed to do now?
> I looked already through the Apache pages, but didn't find
> a HOWTO :-)

See http://jakarta.apache.org/site/roles.html

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de

Re: Two formal questions

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Oct 21, 2004, at 1:41 PM, Christoph Goller wrote:
> Furthermore concerning Lucene 1.4.3:
> Erik, before making the new release, I would feel better if
> you could check whether your query-parser works with the current
> branch 1.4.3.

I apologize for the delay.  I have meant to do this since you made the
change.  I will carve out some time and do that tonight if possible.
It should be easy to make a test case for this though - have a
QueryParser subclass override all the get*Query(...) methods from the
Lucene 1.4.0 API and ensure that it compiles :)

	Erik

Two formal questions

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
+1