Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sa...@rbs.com.INVALID on 2016/05/17 07:56:25 UTC

Policy Context not being set in tomcat 6.0.44

Hi All

I am using Apache-Tomcat version: 6.0.44 and my and OS is window 10.My Java version in jdk1.6.0_45.
 I am using Jaas Realm for Authentication. My authentication is working well but when I tried to get HttpServletRequest object from javax.security.jacc.PolicyContext in login() method of my Custom Login class which extends javax.security.auth.spi.LoginModule by below code:

HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest) PolicyContext.getContext("javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest")

, I am getting below error:

"javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unknown handler key at javax.security.jacc.PolicyContext.getContext(PolicyContext.java:311)"

When I printed PolicyContext.getContextID(), it is returning null and
PolicyContext.getHandlerKeys() returning Blank array.

I have already set jaas.config and configuration in context.xml. My question is : Do I need to set PolicyContext explicitly in Tomcat ? If yes , how?

  <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
      <artifactId>javax.servlet-api</artifactId>
      <version>3.0.1</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
       </dependency>

  <dependency>
        <groupId>javax.security.jacc</groupId>
        <artifactId>javax.security.jacc-api</artifactId>
        <version>1.4</version>
</dependency>

SAURABH SUMAN
Software Developer
Markets & International Banking
RBS
Block No 1, Tower A, Unitech Infospace Complex Sector 21, Gurgaon, Haryana, 122002, India
Office: +91 124 6195699  |  Mobile: +91 9999375289

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312.
Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.
Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated
by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.
The Royal Bank of Scotland N.V. is authorised and regulated by the
De Nederlandsche Bank and has its seat at Amsterdam, the
Netherlands, and is registered in the Commercial Register under
number 33002587. Registered Office: Gustav Mahlerlaan 350,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The Royal Bank of Scotland N.V. and
The Royal Bank of Scotland plc are authorised to act as agent for each
other in certain jurisdictions.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.
If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please
return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the
message from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily
secure. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc and The Royal Bank of Scotland
N.V. including its affiliates ("RBS group") does not accept responsibility
for changes made to this message after it was sent. For the protection
of RBS group and its clients and customers, and in compliance with
regulatory requirements, the contents of both incoming and outgoing
e-mail communications, which could include proprietary information and
Non-Public Personal Information, may be read by authorised persons
within RBS group other than the intended recipient(s).

viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward
transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will
not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is accepted
by the RBS group in this regard and the recipient should carry out such
virus and other checks as it considers appropriate.

Visit our website at www.rbs.com

Re: Policy Context not being set in tomcat 6.0.44

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 17/05/2016 09:41, Saurabh.Suman@rbs.com.INVALID wrote:
> Which Tomcat version support JACC?

http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html

None.

It is currently on the "maybe" list for Tomcat 9 but it is a long way
down the priority list.

Mark

RE: Policy Context not being set in tomcat 6.0.44

Posted by Sa...@rbs.com.INVALID.
Which Tomcat version support JACC?

SAURABH SUMAN
Software Developer
Markets & International Banking
RBS
Block No 1, Tower A, Unitech Infospace Complex Sector 21, Gurgaon, Haryana, 122002, India
" This message originates from outside our organisation. Consider carefully whether you should click on any links, open any attachments or reply. If in doubt, forward to ~ Phishing"

On 17/05/2016 09:32, Saurabh.Suman@rbs.com.INVALID wrote:
> I tried with Tomcat 7.0.69 (Window 64 bit) , but still getting same output i.e.
>
> PolicyContext.getContextID(), it is returning null and
> PolicyContext.getHandlerKeys() returning Blank array.

Tomcat 7 doesn't support JACC either.

Mark

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.