Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Patrick Klein <pa...@bi-so.de> on 2008/03/03 11:36:55 UTC

Localization Problems in 4.1.5

Hello,

I just tested if i can switch to 4.1.5 just to realize that the
localization issue is only partially fixed.

Szenario: Application with "fallback" localization, german and english
properties

application.properties, application_en.properties,
application_en_GB.properties, application_de.properties,
application_de_DE.properties

KEY1 is contained (with translation) in all properties, KEY2 only with
the default localization in application.properties.

result:
- KEY1 is translated as it should be.
- KEY2 is not localized even if it is contained in
application.properties which was used for localization in 4.1.2 as fallback.

Sadly this breaks the localization of the application.

Is there any way to reactivate the "correct" behavior? (without sticking
with 4.1.2 which was the last version everything worked and without
copying all keys with default translation to the locale-properties
files. the latter could be done but i don't think that's how it')

Regards,
    Patrick

Re: Localization Problems in 4.1.5

Posted by Patrick Klein <pa...@bi-so.de>.
Hello,

i took a dive into the sourcecode and added a patch to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1765 making the fallback
work again :)

Regards,
    Patrick