Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com> on 2007/03/13 19:54:45 UTC

Release plan for 1.0

Sorry this is a bit later than promised..

The features that would go into 1.0 release are the following:
* Non blocking HTTP/S transports based on HttpCore/NIO
* Two way authentication and hostname verification
* Combination of the Inline-External Script mediators and enhancements
* Implementation of proposed configuration language syntax changes
(SYNAPSE-59)
* Throtting mediator with policy based configuration
* Load balancing and Failover send of messages (SYNAPSE-60)
* Support sending of a message to multiple destinations, and continue
processing after a send (SYNAPSE-57)
* Updated documentation and Samples
* Support for transactional resources, sequences and endpoint
definitions (SYNAPSE-62)
* Support for reading and modifying transport and axis2 headers
(SYNAPSE-44/17)

Other JIRAs fixed for this release will include: SYNAPSE-53, SYNAPSE-52,
SYNAPSE-51

The pending open JIRAs are as follows:
 Key                    Status   Summary
SYNAPSE-66     FIX*    Can't listen on existing JBoss JMS topic
SYNAPSE-63     FIX      SOAP service proxied to POX service causes
Synapse to return POX
SYNAPSE-54     LOW   Script mediator transformations are not appended to
the debug log messages in synapse console
SYNAPSE-50     ENH    HTTP Basic Authentication mediator
SYNAPSE-45     NEW   Attachment Mediator

I would suggest the following schedule for the release
1.0 RC1
Target Date : 16th March
JIRAs to be closed: SYNAPSE-63
Other: Complete Script mediator enhancements

1.0 RC2
Target Date: 23rd March
JIRAs to be closed: SYNAPSE-66
Other: Complete updating all Samples and Documentation, User guide,
Configuration Language and Site/Release docs

1.0 Release
Target Date: 31st March

Please let me know your comments on this and if I have missed out anything?

thanks
asankha

Re: Release plan for 1.0

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me!

Paul

On 3/13/07, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
> Sorry this is a bit later than promised..
>
> The features that would go into 1.0 release are the following:
> * Non blocking HTTP/S transports based on HttpCore/NIO
> * Two way authentication and hostname verification
> * Combination of the Inline-External Script mediators and enhancements
> * Implementation of proposed configuration language syntax changes
> (SYNAPSE-59)
> * Throtting mediator with policy based configuration
> * Load balancing and Failover send of messages (SYNAPSE-60)
> * Support sending of a message to multiple destinations, and continue
> processing after a send (SYNAPSE-57)
> * Updated documentation and Samples
> * Support for transactional resources, sequences and endpoint
> definitions (SYNAPSE-62)
> * Support for reading and modifying transport and axis2 headers
> (SYNAPSE-44/17)
>
> Other JIRAs fixed for this release will include: SYNAPSE-53, SYNAPSE-52,
> SYNAPSE-51
>
> The pending open JIRAs are as follows:
>  Key                    Status   Summary
> SYNAPSE-66     FIX*    Can't listen on existing JBoss JMS topic
> SYNAPSE-63     FIX      SOAP service proxied to POX service causes
> Synapse to return POX
> SYNAPSE-54     LOW   Script mediator transformations are not appended to
> the debug log messages in synapse console
> SYNAPSE-50     ENH    HTTP Basic Authentication mediator
> SYNAPSE-45     NEW   Attachment Mediator
>
> I would suggest the following schedule for the release
> 1.0 RC1
> Target Date : 16th March
> JIRAs to be closed: SYNAPSE-63
> Other: Complete Script mediator enhancements
>
> 1.0 RC2
> Target Date: 23rd March
> JIRAs to be closed: SYNAPSE-66
> Other: Complete updating all Samples and Documentation, User guide,
> Configuration Language and Site/Release docs
>
> 1.0 Release
> Target Date: 31st March
>
> Please let me know your comments on this and if I have missed out anything?
>
> thanks
> asankha

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

Re: Release plan for 1.0

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Asankha

+1

May we can do some blogging and other attempts to get some wider
trials of the 1.0 snapshot.

Paul

Re: Release plan for 1.0

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release plan for 1.0

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.

Re: Release plan for 1.0

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 22:26 +0000, ant elder wrote:
> Does seem quick but +1 if you all think you can do it. I wont have so
> much time during the next weeks but 'll try to help out in the
> weekends.
>
> Does sync'ing up with the upcoming Axis2 1.2 release matter so the
> Synapse 1.0 works with that?
>
> Also the NIO code is still on a SNAPSHOT build of httpcore isn't it?
> Is there going to be a release of that in time for Synapse 1.0?

Almost certainly. We'll be holding a vote on 4.0a4 release later this
week.

Oleg

Re: Release plan for 1.0

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release plan for 1.0

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> Sorry this is a bit later than promised..
>
> The features that would go into 1.0 release are the following:
> * Non blocking HTTP/S transports based on HttpCore/NIO
> * Two way authentication and hostname verification
> * Combination of the Inline-External Script mediators and enhancements
> * Implementation of proposed configuration language syntax changes
> (SYNAPSE-59)
> * Throtting mediator with policy based configuration
> * Load balancing and Failover send of messages (SYNAPSE-60)
> * Support sending of a message to multiple destinations, and continue
> processing after a send (SYNAPSE-57)
> * Updated documentation and Samples
> * Support for transactional resources, sequences and endpoint
> definitions (SYNAPSE-62)
> * Support for reading and modifying transport and axis2 headers
> (SYNAPSE-44/17)
>
> Other JIRAs fixed for this release will include: SYNAPSE-53, SYNAPSE-52,
> SYNAPSE-51
>
> The pending open JIRAs are as follows:
> Key                    Status   Summary SYNAPSE-66     FIX*    Can't
> listen on existing JBoss JMS topic
> SYNAPSE-63     FIX      SOAP service proxied to POX service causes
> Synapse to return POX
> SYNAPSE-54     LOW   Script mediator transformations are not appended to
> the debug log messages in synapse console
> SYNAPSE-50     ENH    HTTP Basic Authentication mediator
> SYNAPSE-45     NEW   Attachment Mediator
>
> I would suggest the following schedule for the release
> 1.0 RC1
> Target Date : 16th March
> JIRAs to be closed: SYNAPSE-63
> Other: Complete Script mediator enhancements
>
> 1.0 RC2
> Target Date: 23rd March
> JIRAs to be closed: SYNAPSE-66
> Other: Complete updating all Samples and Documentation, User guide,
> Configuration Language and Site/Release docs
>
> 1.0 Release
> Target Date: 31st March
>
> Please let me know your comments on this and if I have missed out anything?
>
> thanks
> asankha

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.