Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bryan Field-Elliot <br...@netmeme.org> on 2001/03/08 21:07:27 UTC

Question about PropUtils.copyProperties()

Question -- in evaluating names of properties (get/setter methods), does
it do a case-INsensitive match, or case-sensitive?

Due to the tool I'm using, some classes have method names like:

getcc_number()
putcc_number()

while others will have it as:

getCc_number()
putCc_number()

Will these be considered a "match" by the copyProperties() function?

Thanks,
Bryan

Re: Question about PropUtils.copyProperties()

Posted by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com>.
All getters and setters have to follow a JavaBean convention. This means
you can have getCc_number(), not getcc_number(). The second thing the
properties names have to match (case sensitive) in a source and destination
beans.