Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Duffy <du...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/03 22:37:18 UTC

Bluedemons "Can't Resolve URI" Problem

Hi Karsten,

I took a look at your app and I know exactly why
you're having all the problems you are: your web.xml
file is not correct.  It doesn't match the DTD, so the
parser is throwing exceptions before you ever try to
process a page.  I've attached the corrected web.xml.

Once I corrected the problems I was able to use JSTL
with your stuff in Tomcat.

You can find out about these things from the Tomcat
logs.  I'd get into the habit of looking there first
when you run into problems.

I'd also recommend a good JSTL book before going much
further.  I like Shawn Bayern's "JSTL In Action" by
Manning, but there are others out there.

Good luck. - MOD

http://calendar.yahoo.com

Re: Bluedemons "Can't Resolve URI" Problem

Posted by Karsten Wutzke <kw...@starconcept.de>.
Wow! It works now! Thanks a million. Now you taught me another important
thing: Look at these logs.

I had never done that before. Writing the web.xml as a total newbie to
web app dev was a matter of guessing, copying and pasting...

It ran well at first, but JSTL slapped me... ;-)

Again, thanks a lot for your help!

Karsten