Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Dewitte Pierre-Alban <pa...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/29 21:11:16 UTC

Camel MongoDB : Remove option invokeGetLastError

Hi,

I currently trie to remove all deprecated use of MongoDB Java driver to
ease the migration from 2.13 to 3.0 when it will be realease.

Since version 2.13 of Java Driver, lt of method in WriteResult object are
deprecated https://api.mongodb.org/java/2.13/com/mongodb/WriteResult.html .
As explain, the MongoClient should relie on the write concern and not use
the getLastError or getCachedLastError. If my french is good
the invokeGetLastError option of the component is also useless and we
should invite people to use the right write concern.

How do you manage such a case in Camel ? Is it possible to depreciate a
attribute to remove it in a further version ? Do you remove it immediatly ?
Do we keep it but with no effect ?

Thanks for you replie.

Pierre-Alban DEWITTE
@__pad__

Re: Camel MongoDB : Remove option invokeGetLastError

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Great to hear about your work.

Yeah we can mark an option as deprecated on, saying its deprecated and
to be removed in eg Camel 2.16 etc if that is the version where we
upgrade to driver version 3
http://camel.apache.org/mongodb

If you have a suggest for the wording we can add it.

Or if you want to be able to edit the website you follow this guide
http://camel.apache.org/how-do-i-edit-the-website.html

--
Claus Ibsen