Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kinley, Ed" <Ed...@enmu.edu> on 2002/05/08 16:10:22 UTC

Simple Question

I am just getting started with Uportal and have installed JDK (j2re1.4.0)
and Tomcat (jakarta-tomcat-4.0 - nightly distribution).  I set the JAVA_HOME
and CATALINA_HOME environment variables but when I run "startup" I receive
the following message "The system cannot find the file
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=." - this is coming from the execute java statement in
the catalina.bat file.  It is trying to resolve the %JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS%
variable but must be pointed at the wrong thing?  I am using a Windows2000
machine for development.

Thoughts?

Dr. Ed Kinley, PhD.
Director of Information Technology
Eastern New Mexico University
(505) 562-4352   /  Fax (505) 562-2766
ed.kinley@enmu.edu / ekinley@unlserve.unl.edu

Re: Simple Question

Posted by # Lalit Nagpal # <la...@yahoo.com>.
well i think the only reason could be the path is not
proper. set JAVA_HOME properly.

=====
# Lalit Nagpal #