Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kosigi Gururaj <ko...@aceva.com> on 2003/04/01 20:43:36 UTC

Vlidation problem by using indexed="true" in

Hi

I am facing a problem with validation by using indexed="true" in <logic:iterate>...

My form is AmountForm and here is the code

public class AmountForm extends ActionForm
{
    private ArrayList amountVO = null;

    public ArrayList getAmountVO()
    {
        return m_promiseToPay;
    }

    public void setAmountVO(ArrayList amountVO)
    {
        this.amountVO = amountVO;
    }
}

The arraylist in AmountForm.java contains the object of AmountVO. The AmountVO looks like

public class AmountVO
    implements java.io.Serializable
{

    private String   amount;
    private String   date;

}

in the jsp i am iterating it like this....

    <logic:iterate id="Id" name="AmountForm" property="amountVO" indexId="index">
    </logic:iterate>

            <nested:submit><bean-el:message key="activity.submit" bundle="CommonResources"/></nested:submit>
            &nbsp;

Here there is no problem in rendering the page ...I am able to see the 2 rows if the array list contains 2 AmountVO object.
Now the problem is, if i enter a new date value in "date",i want it to validate with validation.xml..

so i added an entry like this in validation.xml

<form name="AmountForm">
    <field  property="date"
	    indexedProperty="Id"
	    indexedListProperty="amountVO"
	    depends="required">
	<msg name="required" key="errors.date.empty"/>
    </field>
</form>

even after entering this , I am not able to validate...

in the view source of the jsp i will see this code....you can see the function required() is blank..

<script type="text/javascript" language="Javascript1.1">

<!-- Begin

     var bCancel = false;

    function validatePromiseToPayForm(form) {
        if (bCancel)
      return true;
        else
       return validateRequired(form);
   }

    function required () {

    }

//End -->
</script>

basically my problem is how will i validate a Form with list....it is very urgent..
so any body can help me out...

Thanx in advance.

rgds
Guru