Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Murray Collingwood <mu...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/05 06:10:05 UTC

HTML DTD for Tapestry

Hi again

I loaded an Eclipse plugin, HTMLEditor from Amateras, and now when I try
editing an HTML file it issues warnings about the 'jwcid' parameters.  I can
try switching the warnings off, although I can't find anywhere I can do
this, or I can supply a new DTD that defines Tapestry's HTML syntax
correctly.

My preference was for help finding errors in my HTML and hence I'm looking
for the HTML DTD for Tapestry.  I'm assuming there is one, perhaps it should
be an extension of the W3C HTML DTD, whatever, if you've got one I think
I can load it and it may solve the problem.

I checked in http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/ however there were only
DTDs for Tapestry and Script.  The Tapestry one I have loaded although I
think this only reflects the app.application XML file content.

Cheers
mc

--
Murray Collingwood
Focus Computing

Validator foo

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
All,
We are running into a problem with an over eager validator.  We have a custom validator that is supposed to check a field for a properly formatted URL.  However, we only want the validator to do the check if an associated checkbox is checked.  And to make matters worse, we have an AnySubmit wrapped around the checkbox.  So, if you leave the field blank and uncheck the box, then the submit happens and you get an error.  So, what I wanted to do was to pass in a boolean to the validator that is the checkbox true/false value and only do the validation when the box is checked.

BTW, this is 3.x.

Thoughts?

thanks,

Mark

Re: HTML DTD for Tapestry

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
You might also want to use the eclipse WTP plugin instead of your current
HTML editor. http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tacos/Tapestry, team member/developer