Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Yahoo <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2000/04/11 23:09:32 UTC

quick, generic implementation of Cocoon project

I've started an opensource project to make a flexible database
backed Cocoon based web application suite with an XSP tag library
of applications to allow for easy, rapid deoployment of full
featured Java/XML/SQL web sites.

In case this is ambigous, this is meant to make Cocoon easier
to use and make it possible for people with creative ideas and
light technical skills able to take advantage of some great software
(like Apache, Jserv, Cocoon, etc.).

 This would be something where you could have bulletin boards,
link collections and whatever else you so often see on sites
(or have to develop) deployable by just installing and customizing.
Please give it a look if you're interested in such a thing, or
if you'd like to flex your Java/XML/XSL/SQL  muscles.

Here's the link: http://www.travelersdiary.com/Holometabolous/index.html

Josh
----------------
Sent from a WebBox - http://www.webbox.com
FREE Web based Email, Files, Bookmarks, Calendar, People and
Great Ways to Share them with Others!

Re: quick, generic implementation of Cocoon project

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> But I would like to focus on getting the world on the architecture done
> first... maybe we can integrate whatever comes from that project inside
> the xml.apache.org umbrella...

Definitely. The core team should focus on the architecture, but others
can build their apps around it. Once cocoon2 is released and stable, we
can always think of a good way to plug in external stuff.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: quick, generic implementation of Cocoon project

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Ulrich Mayring wrote:

> Yahoo wrote:
> >
> >  This would be something where you could have bulletin boards,
> > link collections and whatever else you so often see on sites
> > (or have to develop) deployable by just installing and customizing.
> > Please give it a look if you're interested in such a thing, or
> > if you'd like to flex your Java/XML/XSL/SQL  muscles.
>
> This is an overly ambitious project, like cocoon ;-)
>
> Anyway, I'd like to have this. Pluggable modules of some sort for a
> cocoon-driven website - that rocks. Do I need a forum on my website?
> Don't bother implementing something or using some software, that does
> not fit into the cocoon model very well - just use the forum module for
> cocoon. Kind of like Apache and its modules, I like that idea.

I like it too.

But I would like to focus on getting the world on the architecture done
first... maybe we can integrate whatever comes from that project inside
the xml.apache.org umbrella...

yeah, well, you know I'm wide open to suggestion and improvements :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: quick, generic implementation of Cocoon project

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.