Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by jitender <ji...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/28 07:15:35 UTC

Re: How to create a new screen portlet n integrate that in Ofbiz ecommerce

Vince Clark wrote:

> Amit
>
> I am doing basically the same thing as you, and am a few steps ahead so
> I will detail what I've done so far. Hopefully someone else will then
> help me past my next hurdle.
>
> 1. Copied the ecommerce component (/applications/ecommerce) to
> hot-deploy and renamed ecommerce to webstore (call it whatever you want,
> I will use "webstore" for the remainder of this thread.)
> 2. Change all the necessary references from ecommerce to your new
> webstore name. Search and replace in eclipse works well for this. I
> started with my new folder under hot-deploy and replaced from there. You
> need to replace all references to:
> component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce with the new path. Something
> like: component://webstore/webapp/webstore
> 3. Update the ofbiz-component.xml file in your new component. Change the
> component name to webstore and change the webapp settings:
>  <webapp name="webstore"
>         title="eCommerce"
>         server="default-server"
>         location="webapp/webstore"
>         mount-point="/webstore"
>         app-bar-display="false"/>
>
>     <webapp name="images"
>         title="Webstore Images"
>         server="default-server"
>         location="webapp/images"
>         mount-point="/webstore/images"
>         app-bar-display="false"/>
>
> Note that I added an "images" webapp to keep custom style sheets and
> images separate from the default image location.
>
> There is a document set available on Sourceforge from the OpenTaps
> project that does a very good job of explaining all of the changes that
> need to be made in this process. I suggest you review it. Download the
> zip file and look in the eCommerce Online Store folder. There is a doc
> called "customizing your online store.doc".
>
> When I first tried accessing my webapp I received some errors. I found a
> few other references that needed to be changed but the errors are good
> indicators and will lead you to what is wrong.
>
> Once you have your new component established it is now time to start
> making changes.
>
> In my particular case, I am retaining basically the same layout but want
> to change most of the information and/or navigation in the left and
> right columns of the eCommerce window. I used existing "screenlets" as a
> point of reference and created additional ones for my custom use.
> Examples are sidedeepcategory, keywordsearch, etc. You will find file
> pairs like:
> sidedeepcategory.bsh
> sidedeepcategory.ftl
>
> Add your custom ftl to CatalogScreens.xml (under your widget directory)
> Add and rearrange items on the eCommerce window in CommonScreens.xml
> Each of these files contains plenty of good examples so I will not
> elaborate.
>
> That's the basics. Now to the next step, customizing the information in
> the screenlets. This is where I am stuck. As far as I can tell the
> [...]
Hi Vince and Amit and all
according to previous mails.
i did not found any component under applications:(i.e folder under
(/applications/ecommerce)
i am not sure that it is folder otherwise anyother configuration
it is in specialpurpose folder:
(/applications/ecommerce

please let me know asap

jitender9717989688