Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Péter Sinóros-Szabó <pe...@transferwise.com.INVALID> on 2020/01/09 13:23:37 UTC

Re: Mirrormaker 2.0

Hi Ryanne,

Am I right that as far as I implement ReplicationPolicy properly, those
features you just mentioned will work fine?

Asking because we already use dot(.) underscore(_) and even hyphen(-)
characters in not replicated topics :D , so it seems to be that we will
need a more advanced renaming convention if we plan to use those mentioned
features. Or we'll need to rename topics, but that's a huge task I'd like
to avoid...

Thanks,
Peter

Re: Mirrormaker 2.0

Posted by Ryanne Dolan <ry...@gmail.com>.
Peter, that's right. So long as ReplicationPolicy is implemented with
proper semantics (i.e. the methods do what they say they should do) any
naming convention will work. You can also use something like double
underscore "__" as a separator with DefaultReplicationPolicy -- it doesn't
need to be a single character.

Ryanne