Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ramnik <rk...@jaspersoft.com> on 2009/09/11 21:26:36 UTC

Jmeter - regex expression for variable from script

Hello,

I m using Jmeter for Performance Testing and facing issue with extracting
the variable using REGEX extractor.

Code -
<script id="baseState">
clientKey = clientKey || "123844275807432328";

I used teh regex - \clientKey \ || \ (.+\d) to extract the client key

But, this is not working as it is returning null as value of expression.

Can anybody please help me ?

Re: Jmeter - regex expression for variable from script

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 11/09/2009, Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>  as pointed out by sebb the greedy quantifiers are ineffecient (\d+? )
>  You should probably use something like (\d+[^"])

Not in this case - there's no backtracking involved, because \d+ stops
as soon as a non-digit is found.

The inefficiency comes when the greedy quantifier can match more than
is necessary, but that cannot happen here.

In this case, the ? is not necessary, because \d+ cannot grab more
than it should.

There's also a missing \ before the second |.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by ramnik <rk...@jaspersoft.com>.

Posted by ramnik <rk...@jaspersoft.com>.