Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Антон Калашников <ka...@yandex.ru> on 2018/02/14 08:23:38 UTC

Author in header of class

Hello Ignite Community!

My name is Anton. I joined to community some time ago and I want to contribute to Apache Ignite.

I would be want to make my first proposal. I noticed that Ignite don't have author description in header of classes unlike many other apache projects.
I propose to use javadoc tag @author in header of class when you created it  and also add extra tag @author when you do many changes in this class.

Profits of this aproach, in my opinion:
1) You always know who has knowledge of this class unlike git annotate which are sensetive in refactoring, moving, etc.
2) It will highed responsibilty for code quality because nobody want to sign under bad code)

Example:
/**
 * @author Anton Kalashnikov
 * @author Other Author
 */

--
Best Regards,
Anton Kalashnikov

Re: Author in header of class

Posted by Ilya Lantukh <il...@gridgain.com>.
I agree with Vyacheslav and Anton Vinogradov. Using @author tag can be
misleading, Upsource will provide more up-to-date information.

--
Best regards,
Ilya

Re: Author in header of class