Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Leszek Gawron <lg...@apache.org> on 2011/07/19 17:32:06 UTC

wicket as template engine

I know I could use freemarker, velocity or any other tool. But these
tools require me to create a full blown template model up front as
wicket allows for a bunch of models chained togeter pulling data from
different sources when they are needed.

I have a set of load of panels that create a single Page. The customer
wants me to export page contents to pdf so I thought I could:

  1. create a "print" skin for the panels
  2. render the panels/page using "print" skin to the external html file.
  3. use some html to pdf rendering tool (like flying saucer)
  4. serve pdf as with content-disposition: attachment

Everything is easy apart from 1). Can you advise?

	lg
--
Leszek Gawron                            http://lgawron.posterous.com

Re: wicket as template engine

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Also see the approach at
https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/tree/master/jdk-1.5-parent/wicket-poi-parent
This project shows how to export DataTable content in Excel.
You can do some similar just export to PDF.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 1:14 AM, Jeremy Thomerson
<je...@wickettraining.com> wrote:
> Search the mailing list archives for things like emailing pages. There have
> been a lot of discussions about the topic that will help you.
> On 2011 7 19 10:32, "Leszek Gawron" <lg...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I know I could use freemarker, velocity or any other tool. But these
>> tools require me to create a full blown template model up front as
>> wicket allows for a bunch of models chained togeter pulling data from
>> different sources when they are needed.
>>
>> I have a set of load of panels that create a single Page. The customer
>> wants me to export page contents to pdf so I thought I could:
>>
>> 1. create a "print" skin for the panels
>> 2. render the panels/page using "print" skin to the external html file.
>> 3. use some html to pdf rendering tool (like flying saucer)
>> 4. serve pdf as with content-disposition: attachment
>>
>> Everything is easy apart from 1). Can you advise?
>>
>> lg
>> --
>> Leszek Gawron http://lgawron.posterous.com

Martin Grigorov