Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Brenagwynn <br...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/27 12:10:55 UTC

Cannot access HDFS from Java

Hi all!
I'm trying to use IBM BigInsights (essentially hadoop 0.20.2) as an HDFS
file storage. While I'm perfectly able to access all my files using the web
console and JAQL inside the box, the same does not apply to the Java
application I've created which runs *externally*, on another machine, not in
the hadoop environment. I get the well-known and dreaded INFO: Could not
obtain block blk_.................._.... from any node:
java.io.IOException: No live nodes contain current block I've raised
dfs.datanode.max.xcievers to 4096 (and even to 8192) and max open file
limits to 32K, to no avail. Kinda frustrated already, and google doesn't
seem to help anymore. There are no exceptions logged in both namenode and
datanode logs. Hadoop fsck says that the filesystem is clean.
My configuration is 1 datanode running on the same machine as namenode.

Does anyone know what to do with this?
Thanks.

Re: Cannot access HDFS from Java

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
On what ip or domainname and port your name node is running?

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Brenagwynn <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> More on this. I'm seeing that my application actually tries to access the
> file in the namenode log:
> 2012-04-27 05:45:48,839 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.audit: ugi=.......
> ip=/.....       cmd=open        src=/test/src_email.txt dst=null
> perm=null
>
> But nothing appears in datanode log. Strange...

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

Re: Cannot access HDFS from Java