Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by John Keyes <jb...@mac.com> on 2002/08/02 14:46:10 UTC

Re: Newsletter - Commons

Rob,

I can put together a paragraph on CLI for you.  I'll
send it on later.

-John K

Re: Newsletter - Commons

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Oops!  Sorry about that embedded message.  I hosed my postfix install
and ended up resending a couple days worth of messages by hand.  Wish
I'd known about formail _before_ I did that.  ;)
--

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>

Re: Newsletter - Commons

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> writes:

> Ditto, I have a paragraph I need to write about the Lang beta. However I
> asume Rob does not want to receive items from each project separately.
> Seems we have a series of options:
>
> 1) We send them on to him anyway because Commons is special.
> 2) We collate them in some kind of thread.
> 3) We have an internal editor who we send them to. Said internal editor
> might also be the one responsible for the overall website.
>
> There was a call to volunteers for the internal editor a few days back
> [sorry I forget who sent it] and hasn't been any interest yet.
>
> 2) sounds the most workable to me unless someone's feeling volunteery.

I like option 2; it distributes the work across the projects which
compose the Commons.

Sender: dlr@finemaltcoding.com
To: rwaldhoff@apache.org, dmitri@apache.org, bayard@apache.org
Subject: Release directory permissions on jakarta.apache.org
From: Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>
Date: 06 Aug 2002 17:52:55 -0700

Would you fine gentlemen be so kind as to make these dirctories group
writable?

Under /www/jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/release/:

drwxr-xr-x   3 rwaldhoff  jakarta  512 Oct  1  2001 commons-httpclient/
drwxr-xr-x   3 dmitri     jakarta  512 Apr 28 19:13 commons-jxpath/
drwxr-xr-x   3 bayard     jakarta  512 Jul 25 15:01 commons-lang/
drwxr-xr-x   3 rwaldhoff  jakarta  512 May  4 05:23 commons-pool/
--

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>

Re: Newsletter - Commons

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Ditto, I have a paragraph I need to write about the Lang beta. However I
asume Rob does not want to receive items from each project separately.
Seems we have a series of options:

1) We send them on to him anyway because Commons is special.
2) We collate them in some kind of thread.
3) We have an internal editor who we send them to. Said internal editor
might also be the one responsible for the overall website.

There was a call to volunteers for the internal editor a few days back
[sorry I forget who sent it] and hasn't been any interest yet.

2) sounds the most workable to me unless someone's feeling volunteery.

Hen