Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Charles Colbourn <ch...@ovic.co.uk> on 2015/11/09 16:13:42 UTC

Fixed asset next service due

Hi,

Thanks to help from this mailing list I've got a copy of trunk up and
running, with a minimal data set, and I'm starting to enter some live data
to try the asset maintenance out.

If I specify 'date next service' in a fixed asset, will ofbiz create a task
or otherwise notify the user about the service once the date arrives? Or is
the 'date next service' field a stored datum with no workflow?

thanks,

Charles.

Charles Colbourn
Developer

Ovic Ltd

t:   01756 711001
f:   01756 711002
e:   charles.colbourn@ovic.co.uk

Registered office: The Water Mill, Beamsley, Skipton, BD23 6HH.  Registered
in England. 3786048

RE: Fixed asset next service due

Posted by Charles Colbourn <ch...@ovic.co.uk>.
Doesn't matter - I think I understand. I should create maintenance tasks for
the asset at the same time as creating it.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
Take a look at the createMaintsFromTimeInterval service. It is a
background job that runs hourly.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com