Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2019/09/09 17:59:16 UTC

some new GIT docs on uima website - please review

Hi,

I've put on the left-hand nav bar a "git" link that goes to a links page that
goes to 3 other git infor pages.

One of these attempts to describe how to get things done in git, if you're used
to using svn.

This is based on a google docs spreadsheet that Richard mainly created as
answers to some questions I was asking.  I've slightly updated this in spots,
and may have got some things wrong - which is why it will be good for others to
review and comment :-) .

Cheers - Marshall

Re: some new GIT docs on uima website - please review

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Thank you for the initiative :)

The table looks ok to me having a quick look. Others who are not yet familiar with git might care to comment if it is really understandable.

It would be good to decide on the naming conventions and to describe how people can contribute, i.e. something like the "Preparing a pull request" section here [1].

-- Richard

[1] https://dkpro.github.io/contributing/