Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org> on 2006/02/01 16:24:16 UTC

Re: Extending the image reader

* Niclas Hedhman:

> On Monday 30 January 2006 18:00, Upayavira wrote:
>
> > Well, sounds  like you're trying to  achieve something similar
> > to  caching.  I  wonder  if  the caching  system  might be  an
> > alternative approach to achieving the same thing.
>
> There is an ImageOpReader sitting  in JIRA[1] as a contribution,
> which  didn't  gain  enough  interest  to  be  included  in  the
> main/block distro.

About this patch,  could someone explain how I can  add a block in
Cocoon 2.1?   Does it  involve adding the  new block  in gump.xml?
Does  the  build depend  on  gump.xml  directly,  or is  there  an
intermediate step required?

TIA,
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/

Re: Extending the image reader

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Wednesday 01 February 2006 23:24, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> About this patch,  could someone explain how I can  add a block in
> Cocoon 2.1?   Does it  involve adding the  new block  in gump.xml?
> Does  the  build depend  on  gump.xml  directly,  or is  there  an
> intermediate step required?

I recalled vaguely that I built under the 2.2 branch but it was deployed on
2.1.6 system at the end of the day. Not sure how gump.xml are handled these
days in respect to the Cocoon build system, but IIRC it was the opposite
direction before, i.e. the gump.xml was generated from the build system.

Cheers
Niclas