Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by demirr <ck...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/17 16:29:17 UTC

A subproject for Just Model State

Hi, i'm on a project which consists mostly of stateless pages but sometimes i
need to save some ( little ) state from which i can recover the page so i
have decided to start a subproject of my own to help the developer just save
the models of some componenents to session.

Can you give me an advice where to start from ? I mean should i work on
models and create sth like SessionPersistentModel  or should i override or
change the component api ?

I think that the model approach is sufficient but i'm not sure how and when
to attach and detach the model to session and how to dirty it for
clustering.

Re: A subproject for Just Model State

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
cant you just use the LoadableDetachableModel and use load() to get the
stuff
from the session?

And on detach you put it back in again (and call dirty() on session)

johan