Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by felizimm <fe...@stud.uni-hannover.de> on 2008/11/04 23:06:53 UTC

How to index special char "§"?

Hi,

for a german law-search engine, I am in need to index the char "§". Do I
have to change the filter Factory? If yes, where?

Thanks a lot,
Felix.

Re: How to index special char "§"?

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
have you tried yet?

solr supports UTF-8... so I don't see why there would be a problem...

you should even be able to put a synonym mapping § => section (or the
other way around)

Check the utf8-example.xml to see some examples of working with utf8
chars.

ryan