Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by bajistaman <ba...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/03 14:42:05 UTC

Re: Problems with SSL-enabled Tomcat 5.5

I have the same problem than you Werner, everything looks fine but the
browser is unable to verify the identity of my site. Firefox says:
a) Or the browser doesn't recognize the CA that is supporting the cert.
b) Or the cert is uncomplete because of a wrong server configuration.
c) Or the site is pretending to be something that is not

So still trying to find what is wrong.
BTW, my CA gives an intermediate cert that I didn't use because agentbob's
tip didn't say anything about it. Maybe I need to install as part of the
process just as the CA website says. Did you have to install the
intermediate one?

Thanks,

Johann

Re: Problems with SSL-enabled Tomcat 5.5

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.
On 9/3/07, Werner Schalk <we...@gmx.de> wrote:

> ... what I ended up doing was buying a new certificate

Your CA wouldn't let you submit a new CSR and re-issue the cert??
That's surprising.

Re: Problems with SSL-enabled Tomcat 5.5

Posted by Bhuvanmp <bh...@gmail.com>.
HI, i im also having the same problem.
java.io.IOException: Alias name aliasName does not identify a key entry.

But i m not bale to over come it. I m using keytool not opessl. Please
suggst me.

thanks ,Bhuvan MP

Posted by bajistaman <ba...@gmail.com>.
Ok, now it is working, I was missing the root cert.

I generated a script that did all the work:

JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/latest
export JAVA_HOME

PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
export PATH

THE_NAME=www.dummy.org
export THE_NAME

rm /root/.keystore
rm /usr/share/tomcat5/.keystore

openssl pkcs8 -topk8 -nocrypt -in ${THE_NAME}_key.pem -inform PEM -out
${THE_NAME}_key.der -outform DER

openssl x509 -in rootCA_cer.pem -inform PEM -out rootCA_cer.der -outform DER

openssl x509 -in intermediateCA_cer.pem -inform PEM -out
intermediateCA_cer.der -outform DER

openssl x509 -in ${THE_NAME}_cer.pem -inform PEM -out ${THE_NAME}_cer.der
-outform DER

cat ${THE_NAME}_cer.der intermediateCA_cer.der rootCA_cer.der >
${THE_NAME}_all_cer.der

javac *.java

java ImportKey ${THE_NAME}_key.der ${THE_NAME}_all_cer.der

cp /root/keystore.ImportKey /root/.keystore

cp /root/.keystore /usr/share/tomcat5/.keystore

keytool -keypass changeit -storepass changeit -list

Re: Problems with SSL-enabled Tomcat 5.5

Posted by Werner Schalk <we...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

I tried with the Intermediate Cert as well but then I had the same problems
(see below). Take a look at the
comments on AgentBob's website, one is mentioning putting all certs together
to make this work.
At least for me it didn't and what I ended up doing was buying a new
certificate unfortunately.
Please let me know if you have another solution.

Bye,
Werner