Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Furman, Mark" <ma...@lmco.com> on 2009/02/17 20:26:18 UTC

Expired Self-Signed Certificates?

We have noticed that our expired self-signed certificates are still
functioning with no error messages.  When using self-signed certificates
with Tomcat 6, are the expiration dates valid?

Re: Expired Self-Signed Certificates?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Expired Self-Signed Certificates?

Posted by "Furman, Mark" <ma...@lmco.com>.
Thanks Serge.  I believe that answers my question.

Posted by Serge Fonville <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Furman, Mark" <ma...@lmco.com>.
Our application is using a SSL connection to communicate with Tomcat.
If we were using a browser I might expect to see a "connection denied"
response or an invalid certificate message in the Tomcat logs.

R/
Mark

We have noticed that our expired self-signed certificates are still

functioning with no error messages.

What error messages would you expect?Is there nothing displayed prior to
showing the page?

Regards,

Serge Fonville

Re: Expired Self-Signed Certificates?