Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by "Mabanza, N" <NM...@ufh.ac.za> on 2004/05/31 18:20:53 UTC

Error message

Hii Everyone,
I am using Xindice1.1b4 in embedded mode. I am trying to run the XUpdate.jave provided in the examples folder. It is compiling ok but if I want to run it, I am getting the following error message

C:\jim\XmlDatabases\xindice-1.1b4\Templates>java XUpdateA
trying to register database
May 31, 2004 6:14:31 PM org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.embed.DatabaseImpl loadC
onfiguration
INFO: No configuration file specified, going with the default configuration
May 31, 2004 6:14:32 PM org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.embed.DatabaseImpl getCo
nfiguration
WARNING: The database configuration file is not specified and there was no xindi
ce.db.home property set, so Xindice was unable to determine a database location.
 Database will be created relative to the current directory.
May 31, 2004 6:14:32 PM org.apache.xindice.core.Database setConfig
INFO: Database points to C:\jim\XmlDatabases\xindice-1.1b4\Templates\db
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xmldb/common/xml/
queries/XUpdateQuery
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:12
3)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:246)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:54)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:322)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:12
3)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:246)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:54)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:322)
        at org.apache.xindice.core.xupdate.XUpdateQueryResolver$XUpdateQuery.<in
it>(XUpdateQueryResolver.java:105)
        at org.apache.xindice.core.xupdate.XUpdateQueryResolver.query(XUpdateQue
ryResolver.java:83)
        at org.apache.xindice.core.query.QueryEngine.query(QueryEngine.java:122)

        at org.apache.xindice.core.Collection.queryCollection(Collection.java:12
17)
        at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.embed.CollectionImpl.query(Collection
Impl.java:440)
        at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.XindiceCollection.query(XindiceCollec
tion.java:259)
        at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.QueryService.query(QueryServ
ice.java:90)
        at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.upda
te(XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.java:81)
        at XUpdateA.main(XUpdateA.java:41)

I don't have any idea about this error message.
I will appreciate if someone can assist me.. Please find attached to this message a copy of the code that I had modified(XUpdateA.java)

Re: Error message

Posted by Wouter de Vaal <wo...@hotmail.com>.
You have to add xmldb-common.jar to your classpath, it should be in the
java/lib dir in the xindice zip.
Check out
http://xml.apache.org/xindice/guide-developer.html#Setting+up+Your+Build+Environment
for more classpath settings,
if any other NoClassDefFoundError occurs.

Good luck,
Wouter

Re: Error message

Posted by Imtiyaz <im...@yahoo.co.in>.
hi Mananza,

i am getting the some type of errors but now its working...

i thing u r trying this things on win 2000

i am teeling u the steps hopeful the XUpdate probleam will
solved

i attached 2 file in this read first one and  second one is startup2.bat
u dont create startup2.bat used my startup2.bat

hope it will work

imtiyaz

"Mabanza, N" <NM...@ufh.ac.za> wrote:
[...]

at org.apache.xindice.core.xupdate.XUpdateQueryResolver$XUpdateQuery.it>(XUpdateQueryResolver.java:105)