Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@huawei.com> on 2015/03/27 03:26:02 UTC

RE: Unable to run Hadoop on Windows 8.1 64bit

Hello

Did you open a command window in administrator mode.?

Another link which will guide for hadoop installation..

https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hadoop2OnWindows

Thanks & Regards
Brahma Reddy Battula

Posted by Vinayakumar B <vi...@apache.org>.
I think you need to add *bin* directory to your *PATH* variable to
execute *hdfs
namenode -format*

-Vinay