Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by luis medrano <lm...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/05 08:35:57 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache configuration for a high load

Hi,

I trying to configure apache to have a hight load using PHP/MySql
applications.  This is the current configuration:

Timeout 300
KeepAlive Off
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
#KeepAliveTimeout 300

<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers       15
MinSpareServers    10
MaxSpareServers   40
ServerLimit      600
MaxClients       600
MaxRequestsPerChild  100
</IfModule>

<IfModule worker.c>
StartServers         2
MaxClients           150
MinSpareThreads     25
MaxSpareThreads     75
ThreadsPerChild     25
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

This a single server running mysql and apache. I need to be able to server
minimum of 1000 hits per min. Any of you can help me to optimize my
configuration?

I'll really appreciate all your help.

thanks

RE: [users@httpd] Apache configuration for a high load

Posted by Manoj Samtani <ma...@hotmail.com>.
I think you must use mod_expires (caching), mod_deflate (compression) and php-eaccelerator so that......apache process will be more free and takes less memory, which helps in increasing the number of connections.......

:)

Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 23:35:57 -0700
From: lmzaldivar@gmail.com
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Apache configuration for a high load

[...]

Live Search extreme As India feels the heat of poll season, get all the info you need on the MSN News Aggregator
http://news.in.msn.com/National/indiaelections2009/aggregator/default.aspx

[users@httpd] Re: Apache configuration for a high load

Posted by Nicholas Sherlock <n....@gmail.com>.
luis medrano wrote:
> I trying to configure apache to have a hight load using PHP/MySql
> applications.  This is the current configuration:
 >
 > [...]
>
> This a single server running mysql and apache. I need to be able to
> server minimum of 1000 hits per min. Any of you can help me to optimize
> my configuration?

1000 hits per minute is not all that much, but your hardware plays a big
role in choosing a good configuration. How much memory do you have
available? What CPU are you running on?

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock