Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com> on 2001/04/26 16:29:35 UTC

Setting Contexts to work like vhosts

I am trying to figure out a way to set contexts so that they will work like
virtual hosts (as far as the root directory and everything goes).  The
reason I can't use vhosts is because it is a development machine.
Basically, I want my links to work properly on the development machine, and
when I switch them to production on an actual virtual host.  Is there a way
to accomplish this?
Thanks!

Brandon

Re: Setting Contexts to work like vhosts

Posted by "Daniel A. Melo" <da...@codata.com.br>.

Brandon Cruz wrote:

> I am trying to figure out a way to set contexts so that they will work like
> virtual hosts (as far as the root directory and everything goes).  The
> reason I can't use vhosts is because it is a development machine.

so what?

> Basically, I want my links to work properly on the development machine, and
> when I switch them to production on an actual virtual host.  Is there a way
> to accomplish this?
> Thanks!

configure your machine like a name server ( if you don´t want to use bind, use
your host file).
and set vhost on you servlet container.

[]´s

Daniel A.

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.
Just in case anyone was wondering, I got the problem solved.  If anyone else
runs into a similar problem, I can help out.

Brandon