Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Hirschmann, Bernhard" <Be...@t-systems.com> on 2002/11/22 13:34:41 UTC

[OT] strange connection problem

Hello!

I have a strange problem with a socket write error from time to time with
our application, which occures not reproducable, but maybe once or twice a
day.

In the browser I may see then besides parts of my regular view some toString
results of my beans in the form.
When I go back in the browser and try it again, in most cases everything
works fine. So it really seems to be a something in the socket connection.
But I hope I can prevent this somehow...

Here is the stack trace when this happens:

Error Message: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
Error Code: 500
Target Servlet: null
Error Stack:
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Native Method)
     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java(Compiled
Code))
     at com.ibm.ws.io.Stream.write(Stream.java(Compiled Code))
     at com.ibm.ws.io.WriteStream.flush(WriteStream.java(Compiled Code))
     at com.ibm.ws.http.ResponseStream.flush(ResponseStream.java(Compiled
Code))
     at com.ibm.ws.io.WriteStream.flush(WriteStream.java(Compiled Code))
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.SRPConnection.flush(SRPConnection.java(Compiled
Code))
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.SRPConnection.flush(SRPConnection.java(Compiled
Code))
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.SRTOutputStream.flush(SRTOutputStream.java(Compil
ed Code))
     at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flush(OutputStreamWriter.java(Compiled
Code))
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.BufferedWriter.flushChars(BufferedWriter.java(Com
piled Code))
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.BufferedWriter.flushBuffer(BufferedWriter.java(Co
mpiled Code))
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.BufferedWriter.flushBuffer(BufferedWriter.java(Co
mpiled Code))
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.SRTServletResponse.flushBuffer(SRTServletResponse
.java(Compiled Code))
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.HttpServletResponseProxy.flushBuffer(HttpServl
etResponseProxy.java(Compiled Code))
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.HttpServletResponseProxy.flushBuffer(HttpServl
etResponseProxy.java(Compiled Code))
     at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.HttpServletResponseProxy.flushBuffer(HttpServl
etResponseProxy.java(Compiled Code))
     at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspWriterImpl.flush(JspWriterImpl.java(Compiled
Code))
     at d_00025cBrowser.fg_jsp_0._jspService(fg_jsp_0.java:241)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:139)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java(Compiled
Code))
     at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:286)

We're using WebSphere 4 on Win2K.

Any hint highly appreciated!

Regards,
Bernhard

Re: Application Resources problems

Posted by Jim Collins <ja...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Here is the JSP:

<%@ page language="java" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld"   prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld"   prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld"  prefix="logic" %>

    <head>
      <title><bean:message key="app.title"/></title>
      <link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='<html:rewrite
page="/style.css"/>'>
    </head>
height='100%'>
width='100%'>
            <h1 class='headline'><font color='#ffffff'
size='3'><bean:message key="app.title"/></font></h1>

Thanks

Jim.
Posted by Míguel Ángel Mulero Martínez <mi...@mad.tecsidel.es>.