Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by xiaohua wang <wa...@bell.ca> on 1999/07/22 16:36:52 UTC

mod_cgi/4751: CGI doesn't work

>Number:         4751
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       CGI doesn't work
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I create a very simply registry form by html. A perl file in cgi-bin
is going to receive the input data and send back a "Thank you" message.
But after the data was submit, I got a error message:"The server encountered
an internal error or misconfigration and was unable to complete your request...".
It looks like that the server tried to find the perl file and run it, but failed.

>How-To-Repeat:
Create a simply form. In html file,".........<form method="POST"
action="/cgi-bin/myscript.cgi">...........". And create a cgi file
in cgi-bin....
>Fix:
Sorry, I don't know how to fix it now. I am trying.
[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]